Posted: August 22, 2017
Deadline: September 1, 2017
Are you interested in all things music? Do you go to shows on a weekly basis and have a running list of favorite local bands? Do you want to learn how to produce shows and work directly with booking agents, venues, publications and bands? We want YOU as our intern!
Who are you? Independent and motivated. Passionate about music. Resourceful and committed to the team. You have a strong social media presence. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able learn as you go. You like to party but know how to remain professional when it counts (Read: We will not be babysitting you.) You identify as a feminist and understand the difference between mainstream feminism and intersectional feminism. You have a strong desire to work in the music industry but maybe you're unsure of what field. You'll learn a little bit of everything here.
- Create event pages on Facebook and track all promotions
- Assist with marketing strategy and come up with innovative ways to promote shows
- Help out with overall show production: Booking, scheduling, budgeting, advancing, and coordinating with all parties
- Produce social media content
- Print and post flyers around San Francisco
- Conceptualize a blog for Sea Witch and run with it: Come up with content and find other contributors
- Local students only. You have to live in San Francisco.
- Must be 21 or over to apply
- Must be able to commit to attending all Sea Witch shows
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and independent
- High proficiency on social media
- Ability to multi-task: We're always in the process of booking multiple shows at once
- Ability to write creative copy and maintain the Sea Witch voice
- General knowledge of the live music industry is a plus
- Graphic design skills a plus not but required
- Photography experience a plus not but required
- Video editing experience a plus but not required
- Creative writing skills a plus not but required
- Bangs a plus but not required
If this sounds like you, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Sea Witch Intern." Tell us a little about yourself and why you want to work with us. Please include a list of your top 5 favorite local bands, your Instagram handle, and samples of your work -- clippings, your portfolio or blog, if applicable.
**Please note: This is an unpaid internship lasting 2 months with the possibility to stay on longer.